Thursday, February 2, 2012

I love the 90s!

I watch a lot of TV. I'll admit it probably rots my brain but I've always really loved TV, maybe because I'm not much of an outdoors man. Growing up in the 80s and 90s I had so many favorite shows. My list includes Growing Pains, Family Matters, Family Ties, Boy meets World, Perfect Strangers, Full House, The Cosby Show, Clarissa Explains it all, and I could go on and on. The shows of my past were awesome. They were the cheesiest shows possible filled with mullet hair, laugh tracks, nuclear families, and problems that erupted and were then solved in a mere 30 minutes. This was quality television folks!
And now... well, today's TV sitcoms are just not measuring up in my opinion. First of all most of the sitcoms today have horrible main characters that are terribly flawed, rude, and certainly not someone I would want to be like. I mean, seriously, who would you rather emulate- Bill Cosby or Jack Donaghy? I am also not a fan of how women in a comedy series tend to look down on their man, as if he was some neanderthal, and us women have it all figured out so we just let them think they know what's going on, but really we are all laughing behind their back at their stupidity. Grrr...
I'm also equally sick of all the teenage pregnancy dramas and vampire drama's out there. When did getting pregnant in high school become a career goal?
I hope that they still carry all my favorites in syndication when my kids get older because frankly I'm not sure what I'll allow them to watch with my choices today. I guess they'll be 14 and still watching the preschool shows on Nick Jr. and PBS.
Bring back Mr. Feeny!
Stay True
Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment